The website www.bspquebec.ca (the “Website”), its contents, and its features are made available online by Bureau de la sécurité privée (“BSP”), in particular for the purpose of teaching and informing the public and agents and agencies with private security licences. The following URL addresses are also considered to be part of the Website (collectively, the “Domain names”): bsp.quebec; bsp.qc.ca; bspquebec.ca; bspquebec.com; bureausecuriteprivee.ca; bureausecuriteprivee.com; bureausecuriteprivee.info; bureausecuriteprivee.qc.ca.
Use of the masculine gender
The use of the masculine gender on the Website includes the feminine form. It is in no way discriminatory and is solely intended to lighten the text and for easy reading purposes.
2. User Behavior
BSP makes no guarantees regarding the Website’s use, and Users agree to use it at their own risk. Neither BSP, nor members of its board of directors, nor its staff may be held liable for any damage whatsoever caused by the direct or indirect use of the Website, its contents, or its features. In particular, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
Access to the Website
BSP does not guarantee uninterrupted, trouble-free access to the Website, its contents, or its features and may not be held responsible for any consequences arising from the inability to access or use any of the preceding, in whole or in part, regardless of whether BSP was aware that the damage was happening or could happen.
Accuracy of information
While BSP intends to keep the Website up-to-date and error-free, it makes no commitment to continuously update it, and makes no guarantees, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, completeness, validity, or timeliness of the information provided, or regarding the results of using this information. Therefore, BSP may not be held liable for any error found on the Website.
In case of a discrepancy, the Private Security Act (CQLR, c. S-3.5) (the “PSA”) and its regulations will take precedence over the Website’s contents. They can be consulted in the Act and Regulations section.
Also, under no circumstances should the Website’s contents be interpreted as a legal opinion or legal advice, a recommendation on what to do, or a direct response to a specific case. BSP cannot be held liable in any way for any such use of the Website’s contents.
Should any User notice an error on the Website, we ask that they contact a Website administrator at email@example.com so it can be corrected as soon as possible.
Hyperlinks to other websites
The Website contains links to other websites run by third parties. By clicking these links, Users leave the Website. BSP has no control over these websites. In no way does the existence of such links give rise to liability on the part of BSP, nor does it imply support, implicit or explicit, of these websites, their contents, or other websites linked to them. BSP bears no responsibility for any information obtained from other websites accessed via hyperlinks on the BSP Website.
BSP is free to add, remove, or change any link on the Website at any time. BSP bears no responsibility for the choice of links provided.
Changes to the Website
BSP reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, to remove, change, or update any or all parts of the Website, its contents, or its features, or to restrict access to them.
“Job Offers” section
Any job offer published on the Website remains the responsability of its author. BSP makes no guarantees regarding the contents of these postings and cannot answer questions about them. Also, BSP makes no guarantees regarding the results of posting or responding to such job offers, whether with respect to job applicants, employers, or staffing agencies, and cannot be held liable for any decisions made, for any reason whatsoever, by any applicant or by any entity posting jobs on the Website.
4. Intellectual Property
BSP reserves the right to prohibit the external indexing and massive downloading of the data on its Website, including information published in the Register of Licence Holders.
5. Hyperlinks to the Website
BSP encourages hyperlinks to its Website. However, links to the Website must comply with the terms below. By establishing any such link, you automatically agree to the following:
1) If you establish a link to its Website, BSP tacitly grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use its official trademark for the sole purpose of linking your website to that of BSP.
2) Your website:
- Must not use framing that surround any part of the Website or use any other technique undermining the Website’s visual integrity;
- Must not suggest that BSP recommends you,or your products or services;
- Must not suggest any affiliation between your business and BSP without BSP’s written consent;
- Must not present any false or misleading information about your relationship with BSP, if any, nor about BSP itself, its operations, or its services;
- Must not include content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or would otherwise violate any local, provincial, national, or international law or regulation, or potentially prejudice or adversely affect public protection or BSP’s activities, credibility, or integrity, or which contains, displays, or conveys any material or information not in line with the moral and legal standards of Canadian society;
- Must not contain, display, or convey any information, software, or other material violating or infringing the rights of others, including material constituting a breach of privacy or publicity rights or protected by copyright, trademark, or other property rights.
3) BSP bears no responsibility for your website’s contents.
4) BSP reserves the right to, at any time and at its sole discretion, terminate this licence to use its official trademark and to prohibit or refuse hyperlinks to the Website, with or without cause. You agree to immediately remove any hyperlinks to the Website and to stop using its official trademark upon BSP’s request.
6. Specific Rules
8. Browsing, Questions, and Comments
The Website is optimized for Internet Explorer 11 and the current and two previous versions of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
Date modified: 2017-10-11